Friday, August 14

LUCY: 2 M O N T H S

That adorable gold bow is found here
This baby girl has already changed so much in just 2 months! I love looking back at her pictures as a newborn and comparing them to her now. She has become a little roly-poly chunk who loves to smile and talk all the time. Her little personality is starting to come out. We are all so much happier since Lucy is past her colic stage and now has a pretty awesome schedule throughout the day and night (she even seems to poop at about the same times every day!) As long as we stick to her eat, play, and sleep schedule the day generally goes smoothly.

Stats |

Weight: 13lbs 4oz (86%)
Height: 23.5in (87%)
Head: 15.5in (79%)
Eyes: Still a deep blue. Her pediatrician is guessing they will either stay dark blue or be hazel.
Hair color: Medium brown like mine
Some say she looks more like me, others say Brent, and a lot say she is the perfect mix of the two of us. The more she grows the more of Brent I see in her, but when I look at my baby pictures I see a lot of similarities in Lucy. Her perfectly round head is definitely from me.

Loves |
  • Being held upright, and likes to fall asleep on our shoulders. She is so close to having full control over that neck and holding her big head up.
  • Swaddle. This girl has to be swaddled to sleep. I'll be curious to see what happens in the next few months when she starts to roll over and can't be swaddled anymore. 
  • Watching moving objects: fans, mobiles, daddy while he yo-yos.
  • Faces. She loves to stare at everyones face and wins everyone over with her huge gummy smile.
  • Talk and squawk and squeal. We have a lot of great conversations throughout the day.
  • Eat. Hence her chunky leg rolls haha. She is finally starting to go longer between feedings but it's still about every 2.5-3 hours during the day.
  • Her hands. She loves to move her hands around and loves to keep them near her face. Since they are always by her face she usually punches herself repeatedly. And now she likes to suck on them again.
  • Water. Still loves her bath time and was so happy and relaxed when we took her in the pool for the first time.
  • Blowing spit bubbles and drooling.
Dislikes |
  • Still not a fan of the pacifier. I think I've tried every kind of pacifier. It's fine while she is happy and awake but when she is fussy and tired, I wish she would take one. Instead she gets to just cry herself to sleep which is no fun to listen to. Once in awhile we can trick her to take one for a few minutes which has been happening more often but nothing consistent. I guess she takes after her mama..I'm finally accepting she is never going to be a binkie baby
  • She is slowly starting to not like her mamaroo as much any more. She used to prefer to nap in there but now can only stay in there for a few minutes before she is over it and wants to be doing something else.
  • She gets super gassy and fussy if I eat refried beans, guacamole (which sadly makes me sick now too) and spicy Chinese food.
A couple weeks ago I started back at work. I only work Saturdays 8am-1pm. It's been great being back and getting out of the house for a bit and letting Lucy have time alone with her daddy which I think is so important for the both of them. I love to see how great Brent is with his little girl. He is so comfortable doing everything on his own, which I know isn't the case for all guys, so I never feel anxious leaving them. I picked a good one.

Everyone's favorite questions to ask:
Are y'all getting any sleep?
Yes! I can't say she is sleeping through the night but she sleeps long enough to make me happy! Usually goes down by 10:00pm, wakes up to eat between 4-5am, then wakes up again between 8-9am, then wakes up for the day between 10:30-11am. Each time she wakes up she eats and just goes right back down so I can't complain.

Is parenthood what you expected it to be?
Yup! I felt pretty prepared. There hasn't been anything that has surprised me yet except maybe I love it more than I ever imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment