Monday, April 13

March Madness

So much has happened the past couple months. I am so thankful March is over with. That month seemed to last for years.

Let's start with the Good:
My sweet grandparents were here for a visit a couple months ago (and then they were recently here for Easter too). My amazing grandmother is why Lucy's middle name will be Mae. Hopefully she gets some of her amazing talents and qualities.

I've also been able to spend a lot of time with my fun nieces. And both of them had birthdays, Sage turned 1 and Myka turned 3! Time flies with these two spunky girls. I treasure the close relationships I have with both of them.

She has so much personality! And she is my animal loving girl!



We also celebrated Courtney and my mom's birthday. They share their birthday, which is something that could potentially happen to me and Lucy since her due date is the day after my birthday..guess we'll see what happens :)
I am so thankful for these two women and I love living so close to them!



Bumpdate: I am now 32 weeks along! About 8 more weeks until we meet this baby girl, and I can't believe it. It is starting to hit me that we are about to become parents. I would lie if I said I wasn't a little anxious, but I am comforted by the fact that I am surrounded by wonderful mothers- mine, my mother-in-law, and sister, who will be amazing helps when (not if) I need it.
Now that I have finished my semester of classes (YAYY!) and won't start up school again until September (only 2 more semesters left!), I am in full nursery nesting mode. That will be a separate blog post when it's all done, but so far I am loving how it is coming together. It will definitely be the cutest room in the apartment.
Pregnancy is still pretty easy. I haven't slowed down much yet. Sleep is getting a bit uncomfortable, and lately I have been waking up in the middle of the night wide awake for about an hour. For no reason. I guess my body is just prepping me for when baby girl comes. My feet are swelling up and my shoe choices are slim. Thankfully it is sandal weather. And my wedding ring hasn't fit for a couple months now :( But it's totally worth it! I love being pregnant.

Easter Sunday. 
Dress: ASOS Maternity. I love this online store for all dresses!
The Bad:
March 2015 was a month that could be skipped.

I had to say goodbye to my gurlie and best friend, Akita. I have never cried so hard in my life. She was the best dog. I still vividly remember the day we went and picked her out and brought her home. I have always been the dog lover in the family and it took me years to finally convince my parents to get her. She was healthy all of her life and was always such a comfort to me when I needed a friend. I am just thankful that she wasn't in pain or discomfort for long. We think that she had liver cancer. We tried some medication and different food, but she got to the point where she wasn't interested in any food or water and had a hard time getting around. That's when I knew it was time. It was heartbreaking holding her while she slowly drifted into her sleep but I am just glad she is no longer in pain. I bet she is up in heaven chasing a million rabbits and eating rib bones.


As though that wasn't hard enough, in the middle of March my dad suffered a major stroke. He was in the ICU for 2 weeks and is still in the process of recovering. We were so happy to have him home in time for Easter. Having a loved one in the hospital is such a frightening thing, and seeing my dad in a fragile state was heartbreaking. Those 2 weeks seemed more like 2 months, time felt like it came to a stop. I'm thankful that I live close enough that I was able to go to the hospital daily so that he knew he wasn't alone. I will cherish the times we sat and talked for hours, even though I would've rather it had been under better circumstances. Since getting out of the hospital he is doing really great! But has many follow-ups and therapy appointments. The type of stroke he had is so rare because most people do not survive it or have major deficits. My testimony of the power of Fasting and Prayer have been strengthened because he is expected to have a full recovery!

Hopefully that is all the bad for awhile, and only good things are to come from here on out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment