Saturday, March 31

Guilty or Not Guilty

This past Wednesday I had the dreaded Jury Duty...
...and I was selected to be on the jury! 




The jury selection part of the experience was awwwful and boring but being on the jury was so exciting. And the 5 other people on the jury were fun to be with, since we had a lot of sitting around time every time we were sent into our jury room. 
Seeing the attorney's go at it and seeing witnesses be called and questioned interrogated was pretty fascinating. I have a new respect, sort of, for lawyers. But I did find them quite obnoxious with how often they were making objections, but that's probably just how it usually goes. 
It was also a plus that I got to miss work for 3 whole days! and I got paid for not being there (+++) and I get paid for being such an incredible juror.   


What was the case you might ask?  Assault causing bodily harm. But really it was a small argument that blew up between a boyfriend/girlfriend who were living together. In my opinion, it was silly to have gone to court. But it's all done now and they get to move on with their lives and now I sadly have to get back to the real world and go to work. Boo.

1 comment:

  1. sounds like something i would like... drama in the courtroom. but mostly i probably would have just liked being off work too. :)

    ReplyDelete