Monday, September 19

Am I even old enough to be a chaperone?

Since Brent is in the young mens program at church, he got asked to chaperone the church dance Saturday night. Apparently they like spouses to tag along so I got the pleasure to attend too. It was so weird being back at a dance. I can vividly remember going to them about 4 years ago. I did not feel old enough to be chaperoning at one. Since I hardly look older than the teens there, I definitely stuck to Brent's side. How awkward would that have been if I was asked to dance.. 
It was fun to people watch. Watch the couples dancing, girls getting asked to dance, the break dancing circles, the pimped out guys with their full on suits, hats, and sunglasses (in a dark room? totally pimp). Ha so entertaining.

iPhone picture..I was so sneaky
Lately Brent's newest game is "Hide Aubrey's Things and See if She Notices". It's a lot of fun..for him. So far it's been my earrings, my phone, and yesterday it was my right shoe. I finally agreed to play along and we played the hot-cold game to find the shoe, however Brent didn't even know how to play! Who over the age of 8 doesn't know how to play that game?! He had it completely opposite where getting farther away was "hotter". I could not stop laughing at him. Oh my poor confused husband. 

We were setting the mood last night... ha NOT. Powerless!
Last night Texas finally had a storm! It's been quite awhile since we've had rain let alone a huge lighting show. Too bad, our apartment complex couldn't handle it. Every building lost power. Thankfully we had plenty of candles. Unfortunately air conditioning needs power to work and we were sweating. However, I'm so glad I remembered to snag "The Help" from Brent's mom so I just sat and read by flashlight until I somehow was able to fall asleep.
At exactly 2am the power came back! Hallelujah. 

No comments:

Post a Comment