Ha, I'm struggling with the whole blogging thing.
A couple weeks ago Brent and I were able to go on a little get-away to Utah. We kept it on the down-low since I thought of the genius idea to surprise my little sister by showing up and it was completely worth it!
We also lucked out because one of my best friends and her husband happened to be in Utah the same time for a wedding. It was perfect. I hadn't seen this girl since I left Utah to get married and we were never able to see each other since then :( So we had to make sure we saw each other, even though Nicole gave us directions to the opposite part of town. Ha, she's special :) Words can not even describe how great it was to sit there for hours and just catch up on life. We are going to plan a skiing trip this winter. It's going to happen, and it's going to be incredible.
We stayed all week up at the Stock's cabin. It was beautiful, a lot different than the 100 degree weather in Texas. And we got to see wildlife every day.
![]() |
| Mom and little Bambi. So cute! |
Surprising Heather: It all couldn't have been done without Kyle so he gets a BIG thank you! Heather was staying over at my grandparents where she thought she would be staying for the entire week, just hanging out by herself in the basement. Little did she know that every one knew she would be spending every moment with Brent and I. When Brent and I pulled up, I texted Kyle and he brought Heather outside to help him bring some of his stuff into the house. As soon as she got to the car, I popped out from behind them and yelled "SURPRISE"! Heather was so cute, she didn't know whether to yell or cry. It was definitely the best surprise ever. And to make it even better, Heather and I were matching!
(The video was taken on the iPhone so excuse the skinny-ness of it)

Tuesday we went camping! Something that Brent has always wanted me to do with him. The weather was beautiful. We had an awesome camp site. And the boys provided a lot of entertainment with Chad's ax. We grilled some hot dogs, and ate S'mores. However the night was not so great. We didn't really prepare for it to get cold at night so Heather, Brent, and I hardly got any sleep while Chad slept like a baby.
![]() |
| Heather is the most dressed up camper. She refused to wear tennis shoes since it didn't go with her jeans. Oh dear. |
![]() |
| Brent's chopping action sequence |
![]() |
| Heather getting rest on the way home from camping |
While we were in Utah, my mom told me that one of my favorite broadway musicals was being performed at BYU by a performing arts studio. Aida! It was one that I saw years ago with my mom and we both fell in love with it, but we could never find it again! So it was really random that it was coming to BYU. The main singers were really really good, but the dancers were too funny to hold back laughs. The whole play just made me want to go the broadway performance! And I've been listening to the soundtrack non-stop.
Before the show we were able to go see our old cinemark friends and check out Orem's remodeled theater! And we surprised Stacey which was great. We were all about surprises that week. Brent definitely misses it up there and I love how much everyone misses him. Cinemark Love!
On our last day, we went and got J-Dawgs to end our Utah experience. (We made sure to eat Zupas and Costa Vida while we were there too!! Yumm!) It was so sad to leave but hopefully we'll be back sooner rather than later.
My older sister also wanted us to pick up a BYU garden gnome for her. Yes...they really do sell such random things, and yes apparently people actually buy them. So I thought I would try to make a little "find the gnome" picture. I would've taken more, but there were a swarm of hornets eating a dead bird.
Now back to reality of work, school, and heat.










It was so good to see you guys! I can't believe the boys actually kept the secret that well. I'm glad you guys had such a good trip down here. You and your sister remind me so much of me and my sister I love it :) Oh and as for that deer picture, I definitely think it should be destroyed hahaha
ReplyDeleteThe gnome makes life just a little more fun. I know you enjoyed hiding it and taking pictures! :)
ReplyDelete