Monday, July 25

I've had an epiphany...or maybe a few

1. I love pictures. And after only 7 months of being married, we finally have pictures up on the wall! Our apartment finally looks homey. Yay! Brent's response after hanging up our pictures "You are not allowed to put up any more pictures of us, there are too many in this place." My response back "We are newlyweds so we can have as many pictures of ourselves as we want. As soon as we have kids it will be baby pictures everywhere!" I love being a newlywed.


Here's a couple other pictures of our humble abode. I don't think I ever put pictures up. Our bedroom is the most unorganized room so definitely no pictures in there.



2. I hate working. Especially full time. I can't wait until I can get back to school. (Did I really just say that?) I feel like I'm in limbo. Not really progressing. Just earning money so that we can live. When I get back to school (hopefully back to BYU next summer to finish my degree) I'll finally feel like I'm getting something done.  However, I also can't wait until the day I am completely done with school, and I could possibly be a stay at home mom or work very little. Ha, that won't be for a long long while but that won't stop me from dreaming.

3. I've always thought that I wanted to be a veterinary technician and work with animals. Now that that's what I'm doing, I've discovered I'm over it already. I really enjoy the people I work with and I'm pretty darn good at it, but the job itself is quite monotonous and I definitely want an occupation that has more to it. My older sister has put the thought of a Speech Pathologist into my head. I need to look more into it but it is something that is intriguing at the moment.

4. I've really missed scrapbooking. Brent always tells me to get a hobby since I refuse to join in on his. The past couple weeks I got back into scrapbooking because I wanted to do our wedding album. And it turned out adorable if I do say so myself. In order to really get into scrapbooking, I'll have to wait until we have a permanent residence so that I can have a full on scrapbooking station. 


5. Pinterest is really addicting and is just making me want to have my own home to decorate. That dream is definitely the farthest away from happening. I'll just continue dreaming of it through pinterest.

6. I hate that cars are so expensive! I desperately beyond desperately need a new car (and when I say new I mean anything really besides the car that I am driving....plus it must meet my picky standards). When I complain to Brent about this, his response is a loving "You should've saved up for one and bought it on your own like I did." --- Hmph. Thanks honey for the reminder.  I'm thankful for my parents giving me the hunk of metal I have now at no cost and for my dad's help every time something breaks on it. But I am just ready for something reliable. And preferably an SUV please! That dream will hopefully be the soonest to come true :)

7. I love Texas summers, but this one is a little out of control. We are in our twenty-something straight days of OVER 100 DEGREE HEAT. Awesome. It's too hot to even think about laying by the pool. Or even to be outside. Therefore, I stay inside with the beautiful air conditioning. 

Hm, that's enough epiphanies for one post.

3 comments:

  1. So many good thoughts!! Home health speech therapists make 80 for 45 min treats as prn. Sounds like a perfect fit since you hate full time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the look of your blog. and the pictures of your "humble abode" in this post. and in regards to your pinterest addiction - you can always decorate your apartment like you would a house someday. don't let it hold you back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...I've had these identical experiences or thoughts! what the! Especially the post married life find a hobby search haha.

    ReplyDelete