Saturday, April 30

Musicals, Baskets, and Egg hunts!

Easter weekend could not have been more fun.
The broadway musical, Beauty and the Beast, was in town! And we all know how I love musicals. The big question was if I could get my husband to join me, he isn't a musicals kind-a-guy. Courtney and I had the genius idea to make it a double date, so there was no way my husband would stand me up (hopefully). And he didn't! It was great exploring a little bit of Fort Worth. Brent and I have never ventured out that way and we've lived here our whole lives. Yes, I know..we are too content with our one big city. Hopefully we will start having adventures. It was a great night which included eating some a lot of BBQ. Brent, John, and I went for the $10 unlimited ribs. I honestly don't even know how much we ate. It was delish.
The unlimited ribs were starting to sink in.
The Bass Performance Hall. It has such character.


The play was fabulous as I knew it would be. And the best news is that Brent liked it! YAY! This means he will be joining me for many many many more musicals throughout our marriage. This most likely would've been the case even if he didn't like it, but now I won't feel too bad. 

Easter morning Brent and I exchanged Easter baskets. The price limit was $20 for each other, which was actually harder than I thought to stick to so I went a little over. But so did Brent. 
Obviously Brent's Easter Basket. Contents: a sweet plane kite, a spatula, a frisbee, gum & junior mints, and camouflage eggs loaded with candy. 
My basket. Contents: awesome twistable crayons, a "grow your own" daisy, cream soda, cookie dough ice cream, bubbles, snack pack, stickers, earrings, candy. Perfume, a vera bradley wallet, and nail polish added by my wonderful mother-in-law.

Our first Easter couldn't have been better. 
Dinner we spent with my fam bam. We convinced my parents to put on an easter egg hunt for us, Brent and I dominated. Our only goal was to beat Heather, which we did. 



She's precious with her dyed eggs

No comments:

Post a Comment