Friday night:
I just wanted to be a homebody with my dear husband and watch a movie. And that's exactly what we did. While we sat down to watch Slumdog Millionaire, since Brent had never seen it, we got a nice knock on the door. Seeing as we weren't expecting anyone, this knock came as a surprise. No worries, it was just the police. No, I am not writing this from a jail cell nor were we even handcuffed. The police are often at our apartment complex. [Should we feel more safe or more concerned because of this? I'm still figuring that out...] Anyway the nice policeman was just trying to find where a noise complaint call was coming from. And it definitely wasn't coming from our quiet date-night-on-the-couch apartment. He just inquired about our full plans for the evening, which I kind of thought was odd, then he gave us a look as though we were hiding someone in the back and then left us to our waffles and movie watching.
Saturday:
The Stock'z RZR/dirt buggy thingy was fixed after it took a tumble so Brent and I took it out on their overgrown dirt biking course in their backyard. It was way fun but I was nervous when Brent took it flying over the jumps, and he wasn't even taking them as fast as he usually did. (I'm such a baby when it comes to speed). I wasn't a big fan of driving it. I am very contempt with just strapping myself in to the passenger side and holding on for my dear life. However, it came to an end faster than expected due to some important part slipping out of another important part (don't be too impressed with my knowledge of car parts). For now, that rzr is back to being stationary in the garage. Ha.
We also found some excitement while filling up the car at Kroger. A fight came dangerously close to breaking out between the gas trucker and a guy talking on his cell phone while filling up his car at the pump right behind us. I'm glad the trucker went up and tried to tell the guy to get off his phone since it is a hazard to use it while as the gas pump. Was the guy appreciative of being told to get off his phone? Of course not. There was a lot of yelling. A lot of f-bombs. Many various gestures. I was just glad I was in the car. It was pretty funny though.
We then went and saw King's Speech. I guess I had high hopes since it won Best Picture and Courtney really liked it. My review would be..it was good. It was too slow for my taste so the movie seemed to drag on. It was a good story, but I probably won't ever have a desire to watch it again. It's a good one time watch.
All in all, great little weekend. And I love having Mondays off from work so my weekend isn't over!
On a side note: My best friend Nicole Barber got engaged Saturday night! I am so excited for her and Eric. I just wish I was there to go wedding dress shopping with her. Hopefully I can make it to Spokane in June.
| Love and miss that girl! |
No comments:
Post a Comment