Saturday had the perfect weather. I loved that I could walk out in sandals, shorts, and a tee shirt. So what splendid hobby of Brent's did I join him on? Bike ride in the park. This one he definitely didn't need to drag me on. It was the perfect little bike ride. The only unpleasant part was how uncomfortable the seat was and how sore my bum was on Sunday. I'm sure Brent was sick of hearing me complain after the first dozen times. [No pictures were taken since I don't know how to take pictures while riding a bike...I'll work on that]
Sunday...lost a precious hour of sleep. Though I was quite upset about it, no one was more unhappy then our 9 nursery kids who were not having the best time. It was a long 2 hours..
Today. My precious day off. I decided to join Brent and Chandler as they went fishing. My thought going in to this was simply that I have never gone before so why not! Let's just say I regret getting out of bed. I was tired and grumpy to begin with. Then the beautiful weekend weather was gone and in its place were clouds and wind. Add a long walk through some trees and grass, also a long walk through mud. Mix in a dash of couldn't feel my feet, hands, and face. Finish with a pinch of I really had to use the restroom after we were there for about 2 hours. Yup, that was my pleasant first fishing experience. I didn't even hold a fishing pole because my hands couldn't handle the wind.
Brent and Chandler didn't have any luck with the fish. They didn't even get any bites on the line. The morning ended with Chandler losing his fishing pole since he set it down for 5 minutes and when he came back a fish had dragged it out into the lake. Did Chandler go after it? Yes. Did he get it? Nope. I couldn't imagine how cold that water was..
Here are a couple pictures I took before my hands stayed in my pockets. I didn't even bother trying to get a picture of me with Brent...and I don't know if I'll ever get a fishing picture with him since I don't think I'll be joining him again. Atleast any time soon.
![]() |
| Doesn't that sky look beautiful? |

Other than the bike ride (wish I could have lent you my bike with the super wide squeaky seat!), all those plans for the weekend do NOT sound fun. Good effort though, I like to see you trying new things that Brent enjoys. That said, I am glad that John prefers playing sports to doing outdoor things. One thing I will do...visit Possum Kingdom Lake one day. That would be fun for all of us. :)
ReplyDelete