Monday, February 28

Jam-ming

Growing up, my mom always made homemade jam and maple syrup. Because of this I can't stand the taste of store bought jam and syrup. I will always find an alternative/excuse to not eat it. Now that I have the time, I can always have my tasty homemade stuff. Thankfully Brent has always had homemade jam and he likes the syrup so there wasn't a huge marital battle about store bought vs. homemade. 
Last week I went to my parents to learn the art of jamming, or making the spectacular strawberry jam, from my wonderful mother. It's a whole lot easier than I thought and so worth it. Now I have many jars of my delicious strawberry jam to last me for quite awhile. So much better than all the junk found at the grocery store. 


Some other great news: I am employed! Just in the nick of time too since I think I was becoming part of the couch after being jobless for about 2 1/2 months. I am currently being trained as a veterinary technician which is what I have always wanted to do. It's great, I absolutely love it. The bruises and scratches are worth it, though others might think I am just in an abusive relationship which I am here to set the records straight and say that I'm not :)
This is my first full time job and my body is definitely going to take awhile to get used to the long days. I've been going to bed by 9:30pm. I'm like an old woman. But I'm so glad to be back in the work field, and that I get to wear scrubs all day long.
Now my days off will be spent doing laundry, cleaning the apartment, and other wife-like duties.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Aubrey! I saw your blog link off of Courtney's and had fun catching up on your life for a minute! You and Brent make such a cute couple and it looks like you are very happy! "Stalking the Stocks" made me laugh...that's exactly what I"m doing!! Hope you don't mind me dropping in! -- Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks! You can stalk us any time. I would stalk your cute family back but your blog is sadly private haha.

    ReplyDelete