Monday, March 28

What a Blustery Day

Saturday was beautiful, so Brent and I decided to pay tribute to Mary Poppins and fly a kite! Our wonderful kite was one that I got from my grandparents' infamous gift closet. Brent tried to make me throw it away when we were packing to move back to Texas. Thank goodness I kept it! When we were building our kite, we realized that the bracket was missing. Did that stop us? Of course not! I came up with the idea to find a stick. And that's exactly what we did. I'll just let the pictures do all the talking with how it went.

Supermannnnn!
What a high-quality kite
Searching for the lucky stick

Our creation. The tape however made the kite slightly unbalanced. 

We might have failed multiple times 
But then we had much success!
Look at how HIGH it flew.
It was quite a fun afternoon. I may have skipped around and sang "Let's go fly a kite" more than once..what disney fan wouldn't?

Speaking of Disney movies. This spectacular film comes out on DVD tomorrow and I am going to get it! I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED Tangled too! Good idea on the kite flying. It looks like fun. Cute blog!

    ReplyDelete