Why is Texas the best?
Any ol' state can have a snow day, but to have a full on ice day--that's something special. Yes, everything was covered in a couple inches of ice. And you know it's fierce weather when the Plano School District decides to cancel school. It's even more outrageous that they also decided to cancel school for tomorrow as well, and they decided that today around 5pm rather than 6am the day of. Shocking! Now the only people who will truly understand the magnitude of the school cancellation would be those who attended a PISD school, because it takes some serious weather for them to cancel school. If only my little sister could drive over and party with me and Brent all day while we are all so bored and stranded...
So what does one do on an ice day?
Nothing. There is nothing to do. It was freezing outside (actually below freezing), and windy, so there was no way I was going out there for any reason. Brent was going insane. He doesn't do too well being cooped up. I, however, was loving the fact that he was home all day :) But thank goodness for Netflix to keep us somewhat entertained, and a book for me, and GranTurismo for Brent. We did take a nice nap which was much needed since I didn't sleep much once the awesome ice rain/flakes/whatever kept hitting our window and the lightning and thunder started up. I was supposed to go to a working interview at a veterinary hospital this morning so that I will hopefully (cross your fingers) be offered a job. But when I was up at 6:30am to get ready and I looked outside at the damage...yeah there was no way my old car would make the 30 min drive out there in one piece (or that I would have remained in one piece). Thankfully I was able to reschedule the working interview.
When insanity reached it's peak for Brent and I around 6pm this evening, and we realized we needed to stock up on our food supply, we braved the ice madness to go grocery shopping. Yes, call us crazy because we were. I was scared the whole time and Brent was having a great time sliding around. There is nothing that scares that boy which I guess is a good thing since I get scared enough for the both of us. We survived and made it home with food so that we have some great meals tomorrow while we are again stranded in the apartment. (I would have snapped some pictures but I was too scared for my life).
Please come back Mr. Sun.
P.S. Happy 23rd Birthday to my wonderful older brother, Kyle (or as I call him.. Bwuda)! I love you <3
...sorry I wasn't there to make you your cake again this year :(
No comments:
Post a Comment