Friday, January 28

Why did we choose the third floor again?

Me + Brent = TONS of stuff. 12 straight hours of moving, and that was just on Day 1. I've never been more exhausted. Thank goodness for the help we had in the morning to move in a large couch, our bed, table, chairs, desk, tv stand, and the dreaded full size washer and dryer, along with many wedding gifts.

Sadly, the trips up and down the stairs are not over. We haven't even picked up the load that is currently being stored at my parents house. Or gone grocery shopping. Or gotten the hundreds of items from Bed Bath and Beyond. Or taken the huge pile of trash/boxes that seem to be growing on it's own every few hours to the dumpster. Oh dear.

Is it worth it? Definitely. There is nothing better than having your own place to come home to when you're married. Though Brent already can't wait until the day we have our own home, this apartment is perfect for us right now.  Now I'm just excited for the day when everything is organized and put away so I can start decorating! Hopefully all the hours spent watching decorating shows won't let me down when I need that creative knowledge most.

And did I mention that the parking at our complex is worse than Provo? Yes, the parking here is worse than Provo, Utah. I didn't know that was possible. As if the 2.5 flights of stairs isn't a beating enough when carrying a big load, let's make sure there isn't an open parking spot in a 100 yard radius of the apartment. Wonderful.

1 comment: