Thursday, January 20

Texas Lovin' and Lovin' Texas

We're married! Well...we have been for a little over 4 weeks but I just haven't been in the blogging mood. I'm not even going to blog about the wedding until I get the pictures from the photographer, which hopefully should be any day now. Just know that it was perfect, and in the 80's on the first day of Winter. That is why I love Texas. A sneak peak of wedding pictures can be seen at www.melissafullmer.com/blog. Here is just one picture, the over load of wedding pictures is soon to come:
We spent a few nights in a nice hotel and just relaxed (I never knew the wedding day would be so tiring). Our real honeymoon will be taken this summer..hopefully. Our last night of our mini-honeymoon, we went and partied at Medieval Times! Brent was so excited. He was way into this falcon, so he got a picture with it. The jester in the background had to be on something...he was strange.

Our knight was the black and white one (if you couldn't tell from our sweet crowns) but if you look closely at the picture it's quite obvious the yellow knight had a thing for us.. We kind of switched knights halfway through to the yellow knight cause the black and white one was lame and died first.

Christmas we spent with both of our families and were quite spoiled. It was a lot of fun to have so much family here and were able to spend so much time with them! Within a few days I beat out Brian, Chad, and Brent as the favorites to Suzanne's kids who had a few years head start...sorry guys :)
Once every one left, me and Brent have just been crashing at his parents place until we can move into our apartment this coming Tuesday!! It's been great spending time with his parents, but I am extremely excited to be moving into our apartment next week. I can't wait to have all of my clothes in one place and hung up. I can't wait to put away all of our wedding gifts, and use them! I can't wait to attack Bed Bath & Beyond and Target with all of our gift cards and get whatever we want! I can't wait to decorate and hang pictures on the walls. We won't be far from my in-laws or my family which is really nice, but we will finally be in our own place. Thankfully we are getting a lot of furniture from the parents but we did purchase a beautiful black LG front loader washer and dryer set for a bargain of $600 total! That was the one thing that I definitely wanted to get since our place has the hook ups. Gotta love Craigslist!
Once we move in and our apartment is all unpacked, set up, cleaned, and decorated then I'll post pictures of our place, and our coffee table staining project that we're still working on.

In the mean time, Brent is back to school and work. It's weird not being back at BYU and in classes, but at the same time it just feels so right to be back in Plano. It's fun being close to my sisters and hanging out with them, and going on double dates with Court and John. We were all able to go bowling before Kyle left. It was a very close game...or maybe John beat us all.


There was some weird glare that happens to be on Courtney, but this picture was just too perfect of them to not put up.

Last week before Brent started school we were recruited to watch 3 kids and a house and a dog and a cat and 2 birds while the parents went on a cruise to the Bahamas. It was actually quite fun, but I realized I am not ready to have kids any time soon. Plus, me and Brent are the nursery leaders at church so we have about 10 little kids between the ages of 18mo-3years to watch over. I was not surprised at all to be put in there but we get snack time and to play with toys for two hours. It's not bad at all! And I get to be with my husband. It's perfect. And (as someone referred to it) the perfect "birth control" haha.

Well that's what's new with the Stocks. And yes I am now officially Aubrey Stock, which is going to take time to get used to, and I need to practice my new signature. The process of changing your name is easy but awful. I always without a doubt find the absolute worst time to go to the DMV. Wait time? A little over 3 hours for something that took them 5 minutes. Ridiculous. But that's a whole other vent session that I'll spare everyone and just end it here.

1 comment:

  1. great post! If you need decor ideas, I am always willing to help!! I can't wait to have a house so I can expand to other rooms. :)

    ReplyDelete