Brent and I were kinda lame this Valentine's Day since we made a deal we wouldn't get each other a present (so the lameness was intentional). I'm still job hunting and Brent is only working part-time so we don't have much extra money to spend on gifts and such.. But that didn't mean there wasn't going to be any cuteness or cheesy-ness since it was our first married Valentine's Day.
I had it all planned out in my head but couldn't start anything until Brent left for work. Once he was gone, I had 6 hours and I was busy the entire 6 hours.
The goal: Have a romantic dinner at home.
Materials: Candles (Bed, bath, and beyond), Candlestick holders (Tiffanys, wedding present), Pictures of us, Place mats (BB&B), Cheesy 'Precious Moments' Valentine's Day cards.
The result:
Success!
Candles really do the trick with creating the romantic setting.
The night was perfect.
My dinner turned out delicious (oven-fried sesame chicken, corn, mashed potatoes).
Brent get really extremely excited when I cook something since it doesn't happen often :)
The infamous "Brent's brownies" were so good.
Brent is always the one to bake brownies in his family. No one else really attempts to make them so for me to make them for him and for them to turn out was a big deal!
And most importantly, Brent was surprised.
I love surprising him.
It was so much fun putting it all together. Brent was loving the candles, well it was more the fact that there was fire in our apartment. He claimed it felt like we were out camping (I wasn't lying when I said he was extremely outdoorsy. I definitely wasn't getting the camping vibe from the candlelight dinner ha)
All in all. Perfect Valentine's Day with my perfect Valentine.
(I forgot to snap a picture of the both of us...oh well)
No comments:
Post a Comment