Monday, October 12

LUCY: 4 M O N T H S

I wish I had video of the funny things Brent was doing behind me to get this cute smile.
She thinks he is the greatest (and so do I!)

Stats|
Weight: 15lb. 12oz. (79%)
Height: 26.3in (98%!!!)
Head: 16.3in (73%)
Eyes: Staying deep blue! And we love them.
She is now in size 3 diapers and wearing mostly 3-6 month clothes, and some 6-9mo!

Loves|
  • Playing with her toys on the floor; especially her Sophie giraffe teether (which every baby has) and her plastic rings. I love that she is so much more content on her own and can chill on the floor by herself.
  • Facing out during stroller rides. No more staying in her car seat! Going to the Texas State Fair was so much visual stimulation for her. She was so content for 5 hours!
  • Bath time, and she has officially outgrown her kitchen sink baths and loves lounging in the real tub for her spa nights.

  • Standing up. Her little trick with her daddy is being pulled up from laying down to standing. She loves it and always has a big gummy grin on her face.
  • Being sung to. We sing to her about everything: getting dressed, getting undressed, poopy diapers, taking a bath, playing with toys. She always smiles and will occasionally laugh when we start singing.
  • Izzy. She has recently started to pay attention to Izzy when she comes up and starts sniffing her. She will watch her and smile and sticks her hand out to her. She then follows it up with a quick smack to Izzy's face haha (poor doggie).
  • Her hands. Everyone always comments how she holds her hands in front of her and will study them.
  • Her thumb. She won the battle. I tried so hard to stop this from happening. It is a catch 22: I love that she can self-soothe and puts herself to sleep and stays asleep but I am not looking forward to breaking this habit!
  • Rolls onto her left side to fall asleep. I can always tell when she is tired, she will roll onto her side and start sucking on her hand/thumb.
  • Her daddy. She loves him so much. No one can make her smile and laugh like that guy. Sometimes she just looks at him and starts to giggle without him doing anything. I love watching those two together.



  • Her feet. She found them about a week ago and now loves to hold onto them whenever she can.

  • She can roll from her back to her front, but then gets mad and starts flailing because she can't figure out how to roll onto her back.
I am so blessed with this baby and (knock on wood) how easy she is! Especially when it comes to naps and sleep. She puts herself to sleep and doesn't fuss at all! As long as we wait to put her down until she is whiny and showing us she is tired, she just goes right down. And she has been sleeping through the night for the past few weeks!! (about 9pm-8am). It's amazing! I feel like a new woman. It will be rough when she is teething and goes back to waking up multiple times a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment