Motherhood is truly the greatest blessing. I am so thankful for the opportunity Brent and I have to raise this little girl. I definitely know it won't be easy. We have already had plenty of sleepless nights. Her death-cry, as we call it, is heartbreaking. Especially since it is a struggle to figure out how to soothe her. Lucy has also had a few projectile spit up episodes which have turned me into the constant worrying mother. I couldn't believe how much came out of that little body. How can something so tiny cause me so much worry?! Adding that to my already unstable hormones, I feel like I am constantly on the verge of crying. It will take some time to still adjust, for both Lucy and I, but we are slowly figuring this out together. And I am loving every minute. Seeing her little smirks and big eyes staring up at me make everything worth it. It's been fun trying to figure out who she looks like. Right now we think she has my eyes, nose, detached ear lobes, and hair color, and she has Brent's mouth and little point to her ears.
Here are just some random pictures from her first week home.
 |
| Izzy meeting her baby sister for the first time. She has adjusted really well to this little crying machine, and gets worried when she starts crying. |
 |
| She loves the mamaroo |
 |
| She makes the cutest little faces |
 |
| Her wrinkly forehead just kills me. |
 |
| First Doctor's Appointment. This girl loves to suck on her hands. |
At her appointment, she made sure to have a poopy diaper and then peed all over the table when we were changing her.
 |
| Little baby fingers and nails are just too perfect and adorable. |
 |
| Baby yoga |
 |
| He found a way to keep gaming while being on baby duty.. |
 |
| She fights the swaddle and so far sleeps better unswaddled. |
It was so nice having Brent home from work for the first week. I am already terrified for when I have to take her places on my own. For now, we both just wait for 5pm to come around and sing "I'm so glad when daddy comes home.."
No comments:
Post a Comment