Sunday, December 7

The Big News

Oh hey blog. It's been awhile. I kept saying I would catch this thing up but oh well, I'll just be starting at our recent big news: 
YAY we are having a BABY!!

We wanted to wait until Brent graduated (which happened in August!!) and he is now a big boy working his first real grown-up guy job in the IT department at Cinemark Corporate. 
I am due June 6 (yes, a day after my birthday)! I could follow in my mom's footsteps and share my birthday with my first born which would be special or maybe not. I guess we'll just see how everything goes. I just want to make sure that I document my pregnancy so I can look back and somewhat remember it when it's all over. 
To celebrate Brent's graduation, his parents were kind enough to take us with them on their trip to Utah for a full week. Brent and I definitely made the most of that trip and enjoyed spending all of our time together with no daily stresses to worry about. While we were up there, one completely random morning I thought I was going to throw up. I can't even remember the last time I felt nauseous or threw up. Thankfully it lasted about 5 minutes and it was over and never happened again. Did I think I could possibly be pregnant? Yeah the thought was in the back of my head but by then I had taken my share of pregnancy tests the few months before that and seeing the Negative sign was getting a bit frustrating, so I didn't want to get my hopes up. 
But on September 27th we finally got the news we wanted.


It's so nerve-wracking waiting for the results to appear. When 'pregnant' finally popped up, I think I stood there frozen for a few minutes. Brent, who is Mr. Cool-Calm-and-Collected, responded with "I would've been surprised if you weren't pregnant this time." Haha thanks dear. 
Then begins the waiting game. Waiting until you're far enough along to go to the doctor, waiting to tell people until you know the baby is healthy, and waiting for the morning sickness to hit. I thought the morning sickness would come for suuurrre. Especially since I had already felt nauseous that one morning, and because my older sister got sick with both of her girls. However my mom apparently didn't get sick until child #5 so there was possibly some hope!


My sister Courtney and I have always joked about how she got the bad genes and I got the good genes. I got the height (which she doesn't care about anymore, but the day I was taller than her was a big deal to me!), I got the bigger boobs, I got the good eyes and she is basically blind...so when week 7 then 8 then 9 came along and I was never sick, she was not too thrilled when I announced once again that I had received the better genes from our mom. 
I'd say the only difference I had noticed was being super tired and being in bed by 9pm every night, having the "super nose" and being sensitive to some smells, and then being more hungry. I would go from feeling fine to being starving. So yeah, so far (knock on wood) being pregnant has been a breeze! This past week I caught a cold and not being able to take any medication wasn't fun, but it's about run it's course.

It's incredible how much you fall in love with your little baby. Even when it looks like a little lima bean. I'd say the most amazing thing (so far) has been hearing the heart beat. We will hopefully find out on the 23rd if it's a boy or girl!! I think that is when it will feel more real for Brent haha. We both are wanting a girl first but almost everyone thinks it's a boy, including us, so it will be so fun to find out!



There haven't been many changes to justify doing a 'pregnancy survey' but my food cravings so far are definitely fruit smoothies and fruit milkshakes. And soft drinks for the carbonation.
And I'm not in maternity clothes but my jeans definitely don't button anymore, my belly seems to have popped a bit this week. So now I'm in the awesome stage of "Did she gain weight or is she pregnant?" 






We hope everyone has a great Holiday season and remembers the true meaning of the season, the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ.

Love, the Stocks.


2 comments:

  1. I got a few more bad genes you didn't mention thankfully. Starting to feel bad about myself, BUT I don't mind having Mama Mae's more petite frame. It's nice post kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 1. so excited for you guys and 2. so excited you finally updated your blog haha! Can't wait for my new niece/nephew!

    ReplyDelete