For Brent's spring break we took a few days off from work and road tripped to Baton Rouge where Brent's sister lives. It was a long 7 hours, especially since Izzy would't sit anywhere else but my lap for the entire trip.
Once we got there we went out to eat to get the real Louisiana experience. I'm not one to try different food nor do I like seafood, but I was determined to actually try a few things.
 |
| Oysters were gross, friend gator wasn't too bad, and crawfish was alright.. |
Izzy loved tagging along and was never left alone by the kids which was funny to watch. She got out only once and loved exploring the neighborhood for a little while. I was scared she was going to run straight into a creek or start chasing an animal and then we would never see her again, luckily that didn't happen. She loved every chance she had playing with the kids but she wasn't used to not having her 6-8 hour naps. She slept the whole drive home and then the entire next day when we got home.
 |
| She loved their front door! |
Definitely my favorite part of the trip was visiting the alligator farm. I really had no idea what to expect from this farm, I was guessing that maybe we would just look at some gators through a fence but these tour guides were extremely entertaining. I wish we had gone in June because that is when they aren't hibernating and are really active and hungry. Maybe we will have to go back!
 |
| They have thousands of turtles and sell the turtle eggs to different countries |
 |
| This guy was on the first season of Swamp People |
 |
| Tiny little baby gator |
We definitely left there feeling like we got the full Louisiana experience. Thanks Uncks for taking us around and showing us what Louisiana is all about!
No comments:
Post a Comment