So after many long hours of crafting, here are the following decorations/ideas that I put together for the shower:
(My sister isn't a big fan of pink which is why there is as little pink in the decorations as possible. The theme was purple and grey which is how they decorated their nursery at home.)
| "First come love, then comes marriage, then comes baby in a baby carriage" |
| Made the "Baby Girl" banner |
| Made the two white pom-poms on either side of the table (pinterest craft!), and the banner on the front of the table |
| Diaper bassinet #2 with jammies and a binkie, and another book for decor. |
Here are is a close up picture of the 2 diaper bassinets. This craft started out with the intention to become a diaper cake, however the diaper cake was going to take too long and use too many diapers. So it was time to think of a plan B. Thank heavens I had my good friend Rachal there helping me with crafts because she came up with a genius idea to make a bassinet. We watched a tutorial but the bassinet was teeny tiny so we decided to improvise and came up with these creations. And it was SUPER easy.
They were the biggest hits at the baby shower. Everyone loved them! I'm still quite impressed with them.
The following are the "how to" pictures for the pom-poms that were on the table. This craft is one I knew was easy enough for me to do, I just wish it said how long it took the person to do on pinterest. Thankfully Rachal was there to help me. I can't imagine how long it would've taken me to do alone! Each pom-pom took about 2-3 hours! Crazy, I know. But now I will have them for life, so expect to see them in every event that I have to decorate for the rest of eternity.
| Poke needles through the middle of a cupcake liner, and pinch/twist the cupcake liners to make a little flowery thing. Hot glue the twisted liner to the needle. |
| Push needles into the styrofoam ball, make sure to put them very close together. Continue to do that until you have the ball completely covered except for the very bottom. |
| Ta-da! 2-3 hours later you will have this cute little pom pom to display! We put them on vases for the bridal shower. |

No comments:
Post a Comment