Monday, October 31

hallowEEn wEEkend

This weekend I experienced how it feels to be a 5th wheel. 
Chad and his girlfriend Aubrey were in town and my sweet husband left me to go camping. We had been planning on going to the BYU vs. TCU game with the Stocks for awhile, but when Brent was asked if he wanted to go camping/rock climbing he didn't even give ditching the game a second thought. Not surprising. So I got to spend Friday and most of Saturday husbandless while tagging along with my in-laws and Chad & Aubrey. 

The BYU game was a sad one. So sad that I didn't even bother taking pictures. I was in no mood. One of the most annoying parts of attending the game was that TCU was clearly in charge of the replays and the huge jumbo-tron. No offense to my good friend Elora who goes to TCU, but I never want to see another commercial promoting TCU, another TCU orange cheerleader, or a close up on any of their football players ever again. Thankfully we left early, I couldn't take it much longer. Not once did they ever show a BYU cheerleader or football player or fan, nor did they ever show a replay when BYU made a good play or when a dumb call was made against BYU. It's a football game, just show all the replays! So stupid.

This Halloween Brent and I didn't doing much of anything. The only decoration in our apartment is a cute jack-o-lantern bowl we got from Brent's mom. We have no reason to get dressed up. We were going to go to a corn maze with my sister and her husband, but I've been fighting a mean cold all week so being outside in the chilly air was not appealing. We thought about carving pumpkins but never got around to going and getting them. I know, we are lame this year. No need to say it.
The only thing we did was carmel apples with Chad & Aubrey last night. (I don't even like carmel apples) but it was a fun activity. 
The couples

The top right picture is my favorite! I love how Brent and Chad look the exact same. 
They really enjoyed their carmel apples


Today, to celebrate Halloween, Brent and I made strawberry jam. Enough to last us through the entire Winter, hopefully. Brent loves his jam so he can practically inhale it.



Maybe next year we will get more into Halloween..


1 comment:

  1. Don't feel bad for not getting super in to Halloween. I didn't even dress my kids up today and take them trick-or-treating. We ate pizza and waited for kids to come by our house - and we got ZERO trick-or-treaters. So now I have a GIANT bowl of candy staring at me. I'm glad you guys came to a decision about your dilemma! The future is so difficult to determine. We are going to be making big decisions in the next 18 months about where we are going to end up after dental school...and it is VERY overwhelming. I'm not good with making choices. I always tell myself, "I'll think about it tomorrow". On a better note, Avarie totally adores you in nursery :)

    ReplyDelete