Wednesday, January 7

It's a....

On December 23rd Brent and I went in for my next OB appointment and were so excited to [hopefully] find out what we were having. Before ever getting pregnant and when we first found out, we both had mentioned how we wanted a girl first. We have more nieces on both sides of the family so we thought it would be fun to add another girl to the mix and they can all be good friends. However, for some reason we were both 100% convinced it was a boy. Almost everyone had the same feeling we did that it was a boy. So for weeks I had mentally come to terms we were having a boy. I was looking up boy nursery colors and thinking of good names/middle names. Our good friends just had a boy and so we were thinking it would be fun to get them together for play dates. I read the wives tales online and all of them but one said I was having a boy. I did the "magic necklace" trick which seriously works every time and lists what order you have kids and it said I was having a boy. So yes we were convinced. When I told my doctor this he informed me that those meant nothing, but we were about to find out! This ultrasound was so much fun since the baby looked like a baby and not a lima bean. I was amazed at how much they were already able to see. And then the time came and he clearly could see we were having a GIRL! We were obviously shocked and so happy. 

Her name will be: Lucy Mae Stock :)

Brent and I have been playing the name game for years and have a short list for boys and girls. Lucy has always been the top name for the girls.

I had already planned out how I wanted to announce it to our families that night. But Brent wanted to wait until Christmas since it was only 2 days away. It was fun getting it all together to announce it.











So far pregnancy has still been a breeze [knock on wood]. I have loved everything about it! I am officially in maternity pants. Maternity clothes are so comfortable. I don't miss buttoning my pants. I haven't really had any cravings or been disgusted by any food or smells. The baby bump arrived a few weeks ago and has only grown each day since. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be ginormous by the time May/June rolls around.



1 comment:

  1. I was the exact same way during my pregnancy! I kept waiting for something to happen because it was so wonderful. Congrats to you guys and I am so glad you are feeling so good. You look great too!

    ReplyDelete