I finally have a second to blog! Yippee! So get ready for a loooong post :)
What an end to 2011. The big event was my brother's wedding in Las Vegas! I was quite excited about it, and to visit Las Vegas since I have never been. So we packed up, dropped Izzy off at boarding (I may have cried for a few minutes after leaving her), and drove the long 20 hour ride with my parents. It was quite miserable of a drive. After sleeping and recuperating for a day, we hit the strip!
| Frozen hot chocolate at Serendipity 3 is DIVINE |
The next day (Dec 21) was Brent and I's 1 Year Anniversary! I still can't believe it's been a year. I love how everyone said "the first year of marriage is the hardest", because if that was the hardest that it's going to get then bring on the rest of our lives! That year was incredible (and eeeasy)! It was so much fun to see my brother be sealed to Lauren the day before because it just brought back memories of Brent and I's wedding day and the promises we made to each other. Oh how I love that boy of mine.
For our anniversary Brent surprised me with this beautiful David Yurman ring with his birthstone. It was also part of my Christmas present but that boy loves to surprise me with things. I'm so spoiled.
![]() |
| I am slightly obsessed with it |
By the end of the trip, Brent and I determined that we aren't big fans of Vegas. I don't see us returning any time soon, so it was fun while it lasted Las Vegas! The drive back home was even worse than going there. We got hit by the huge snowstorm sweeping through New Mexico (scariest experience of my life) and were stranded in Albuquerque for the night.
![]() |
| This picture shows how happy we were. The pillow was purposeful. |
When we finally made it home, the next day was Christmas. It was so nice going to church that morning, and made for some cute pictures.
Izzy wasn't left out and she got an awesome basket of gifts which was orchestrated by Brent's brother. I was laughing so hard at it that I couldn't breathe. Here are just a few of the goodies.
| These shirts were the funniest thing I've ever seen! Ha we are now those "crazy dog" people. |
Sadly I had to say farewell to my not-so-little-anymore sister today :(
I hate goodbyes.
![]() |
| Already counting down until she gets back home! |


















No comments:
Post a Comment